Anderson Wake

I wrote this little story a couple years ago and published it in a collection called Down the Psycho Path. Through an odd set of circumstances, I got the opportunity to make it into a film. Those circumstances will be divulged later, but I had just found out about my pancreas problem (long story short, I can't eat fat anymore) and there I was at a road-side diner with a few friends discussing putting together some short films for a possible series. I'm sipping iced tea and watching all of them eat cheeseburgers.



At first, all I could think was, "Man, I don't want to do this. It sounds like work. I've got a job, I'm in school. There aren't enough of us to pull this off..." And then all I could think was, "This is the perfect opportunity to step out of your comfort zone."


Thankfully, the second thought won out because now I have directed my first short film, and I got to work with a bunch of cool people in the process and in a few days, the damn thing will be finished and unleashed in one way or other on the world, for better or worse. And even if it sucks, it belongs to me, and to the crew, and to the cast, and to the people who loaned us their property, and we all had a pretty good time making it.


All in all, there were five days of shooting, six to eight hours a day and this was all volunteer work. In all, the cast and crew included fifteen people. A killer team.


Written and Directed by Dan Dillard

Cinematography by Brett Pittman

Sound by Josh Beck and Graham Gibson

Score by Josh Beck

I'm just going to list some of the things these people did because their jobs were many:

Stephanie Dillard (my wife) ran things as much as I did :) Script supervisor, craft services, 1st AD...and on and on.

Brenna and Schuyler Dillard (our kids) kept the peace by wrangling pets and making props.

Hannah Jesseph helped with props.

Justin McCarty ran cameras and rigged lighting.

Jeremy Beck did set photography and helped make sure folks had food.


Starring

 


 Hauke Bahr


















Annalese Poorman












Gabrielle Bousum













Ben Allender



















G. Hooie














So stay tuned for Anderson Wake, folks. I'm proud of it and I'm ready to make the next one.



Featured Post

Anderson Wake

I wrote this little story a couple years ago and published it in a collection called Down the Psycho Path. Through an odd set of circumstanc...